2011 Favorite Reads

Thank you so much, reader friends, for coming over and reading, and commenting and sharing! 
I hoped to improve and grow this blog over this last year. It's still small potatoes, and has plenty of room for improvement, but I'd like to celebrate with a positive spin: 
  • followers increased by 800% in the last 12 months,
  • pageviews per month increased by 800-1000%,
  • I successfully posted regularly, averaging 2-3 posts/week, 
  • I learned basic how-tos and etiquette, and
  • I think I am finding my voice! 
And who do I have to thank? YOU! I'm having so much fun, and I hope you keep reading. Tell me what you'd like more of, and what you don't care about so much. I'd love to hear.

As prompted by a reflection post on my personal/family blog, here is a list of my favorite reads this year:
Grown-up books: The Help. I read most of the first of The Hunger Games until I lost it on a plane, but I like it so far. 
YA: Jade; Forbidden Sea. It's the only YA I read, but I hope to read more of this huge category next year.
Early reader chapter book: the first of Ivy + Bean. We'll talk more about this soon--a good Level 1-3 chapter book is hard to find, but I think this series is great!
Picture books/Board books: I have over 80 and [as you know] I love them, but off the top of my head:  


The Very Hungry Caterpillar (1);  
Click, Clack, Moo;  
Päivä Muumilaaksossa (5);  
Pat the Bunny
Gossie,  
The Thingamabob (3);  
Press Here (4);  
Seven Hungry Babies (2);  
My Personal Penguin;  
Goodnight Moon;  
Pikkuveikko; 
Christmas in Noisy Village.

What have your favorite reads been this year? What's on your list for next year?

Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...