Happy Mother's Day!

I prefer to think of all women as mothers in their own way. Mother is a verb.



–verb (used with object)
15.
to be the mother of; give origin or rise to.
16.
to acknowledge oneself the author of; assume as one's own.
17.
to care for or protect like a mother; act maternally toward.


17.  tend, nurse, mind, raise.

(dictionary.com) 

At the age of 8, my teacher asked me (and the whole class), "What is your big dream?" 

  
My big dream is in the nursery. 

And I'm so grateful for my nurser, my tender, my protector--my mother. She gave me rise. 

To all women, rearers of children, nurturers of humanity, or protectors of animals... thank you for mothering the world in your way. No one can replace you.


There are a lot of picture books related to mothers loving children and children loving babies (there are definitely enough picture book customers in that niche market), but for myself, I chose 
I Love You As Much... by Laura Krauss Melmed, illustrated by Henri Sorensen.
A mother's love is expressed to her baby by animals around the world, and by a human mother. Reading the brief and lovely poem and turning pages of vibrant, yet calm illustrations while cuddling Baby A is pleasant and peaceful.

For Baby A's birthday, I'll be reading
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (check out his web site for audio and visual of his 50+ books, adorable mail children sent him and more). My eyes mist every time I read this sweet story of a mother-child journey in the forever kind of love.

What are you reading? What book reminds you of your mother?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...