Winter Gift Guide: Picture Books

Picture books are my go-to gift. Here are three ideas that follow the Read-Wear-Play magic formula.

18-months+:
 The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett (a heartwarming Inuit variation of Goldilocks and the Three Bears; recently published in board book form)
Sea World Polar Bear Youth Slippers
Carter's Footed Pajama Blanket Sleeper 24 months- Polar Bear


Newly Literate+:

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen (New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Book of 2011; 2012 Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Book)
Melissa and Doug travel-size Flip-to-Win Memory Game (because in the book, the bear "remembers" and "forgets" the rabbit...)


Tween+ (including grown-up mid-century modern fans and Finlandophiles):

Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip: Book 1 (the five books in this series contain comics originally published in London Evening News in the mid-1950s)
Moomin Character Earphone Jack Accessory
Marimekko Tuuli Canvas Pencil Pouch by hannasboutique (use it for pencils/pens, snacks, hygiene/grooming kit, etc.)


I should mention, I got the idea for Read-Wear-Play themed gifts from Gabrielle of Design Mom--Santa brings her six children using that formula. I should also mention that I collected these images and links for fun and for your friendly use, and I am not affiliated in any way with any of the products or sellers.

What's your gifting formula? What books are on your wish list, or gift list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...