Porcupines Are the New Owls

I declared porcupines as the new owls after a visit to Barnes & Noble last week. My husband looked at me blankly. So, I thought I'd tell someone who knew. You know, right?

Just look at the last couple of years:

















How Do You Hug a Porcupine?, words by Laurie Isop, illustrated by Gwen Millward (July 2011)
Valentine the Porcupine Dances Funny, words by Derrick Brown, illustrated by Jennifer  Lewis (October 2010)
Hugs from Pearl by Paul Schmid (November 2011)
A Ballon for Isabel, words by Deborah Underwood, illustrations by Laura Rankin (April 2010)
Polly Porcupine's Painting Prizes by Barbara deRubertis (January 2011) 
Mr. Prickles: A Quill-Fated Love Story, words by Kara LeReau, pictures by Scott Magoon (December 2011)

But I guess people have liked porcupine books for children to some degree for a long time. 

A Porcupine Named Fluffy, words by Helen Lester, illustrated by Lynn Munsinger (1989)






Are you in to the prickly cuties? Are there any book trends you're on to/in to?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...