Friday Friend: Emily Frame Growing a Family in Style

I'd like to start introducing you to my friends who work, blog, and make beautiful online. First on Friday Friend: 
I met Emily while we both wrapped up our BA in English Literature at Utah Valley University; we were both pregnant with our firsts. She kindly gave us a peek into her home with her husband + one-year-old son Hayes + baby on the way:

Introduce yourself and your work:
I made the decision to always be home with Hayes so any work or projects I take on, I make sure I can do them from home. I run Bijou Market - a handmade event - twice a year. Between organizing the event and filling up a table of my own handmade goods, we're pretty busy the months before, during and after the event.  In between I do freelance styling for the website Twenty First and Ivy. Then I write my own blog Ruffling Feathers, which is more fun than work.

What are 3 things you do with Hayes every day?
Hayes loves bath-time, reading books before bed, and when he wakes up from naps he loves to throw out all his stuffed animals, I throw them back in, he throws them out and so forth. He laughs hysterically.  
 What is Hayes' favorite book? favorite game/song?
Hayes loves his books. We have a stack of 10+ favorites that we read every night. He definitely loves The Eye Book by Theo LeSieg (Dr. Suess' real name). We love reading Sandra Boynton books to him, they're quirky and funny but not over his head. He loves singing songs and doing actions with them like "Patty-Cake", "Itsy Bitsy spider" and "The Wheels on the Bus."


What is your favorite book of Hayes'? 
My favorite kids book author is Mo Willems, he's so funny, maybe Hayes will get the jokes in a few years. There's a book called My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story by Jamie Lee Curtis and illustrated by Laura Cornell, it's a really validating book to read as a mom, I tear up every time. 
Does he read with his dad, too?
Reading has always been something he does with his dad. They do it every night and as he's gotten older he likes to read during the day too, so I finally got in on that action.  



And what's your favorite book of your own?
I read Matilda by Roald Dahl for the first time when I was 8 or so. I distinctly remember the moment I read that the Trunchbull was Miss Honey's Aunt. I gasped out loud. That was the first book I really connected with and I've read it every year since. It's definitely a favorite.  
How are you preparing Hayes for the arrival of his little bro?
Hayes is so young, it's hard to know how to prepare him. We got him a newborn looking baby doll that he loves to hug and kiss on. We refer to my stomach as "little brother."

Thanks, Emily!
And everyone, if you're in Utah today or tomorrow (April 8th and 9th), you must stop by the Bijou Market! 

{Read more about introducing a new sibling and get more book suggestions from Barnes and Noble.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...