Oh, The Places I'm Going

So, I read some Dr. Seuss, on account of his birthday and, you know, for fun. I started with Oh, the Places You'll Go!, during which Baby A climbed out of my lap and to the coffee table to yesterday's take-out cup of Dr. Pepper...you see where this is going? No, she didn't drink it, thank goodness. But my carpet did--just as I read, "But on you will go / though the weather be foul."  

You all already knew story time was not always magical giggle-snuggle-learning time with unicorns and dinosaurs and clever puppies?

But do you know what the inside front cover of Oh, The Places You'll Go Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data Summary says?  I do: "Advice in rhyme for proceeding in life; weathering fear, loneliness, and confusion; and being in charge of your actions."

I'm afraid that some times 
you'll play lonely games too. 
Games you can't win 
'cause you'll play against you.

On and on you will hike.
And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems 
whatever they are.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

(excerpts...the pages aren't numbered, and you don't want to make me count past ten on the weekend, do you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...