Tiny Reindeer Traditions

A coworker commented to me that the best traditions form without you realizing it the first time. What do you think? Some of my favorite traditions were definitely orchestrated, like the visit of Santa, who sang traditional Finnish Christmas songs and told us how he lost a finger to a reindeer.
This year, Matthieu and I are celebrating our fourth Christmas together and our daughter's first, so I have thought about what traditions our little family could have. I decided that on December 1st (Pikkujoulu/Little Christmas in Finland) I would give Baby A a Christmas-y book. See my last post for Christmas picture book suggestions! This year I went for Bob and 6 more Christmas stories (1999) by Sandra Boynton. My favorite is Bob, a humorous anectode about an entertaining tiny reindeer only the narrator can see.


Tell me your Christmas traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...