Reading on Groundhog Day

Are you counting down to Groundhog Day? It's just around the corner on Thursday, February 2nd! 
We've had an unusually mild winter--rain in January is ridiculous. I'm wondering, does that mean we'll get an early spring, or that winter will be jealous and ice us over until June?

We'll just have to see what the groundhog says!

Groundhog Day has been a celebrated holiday (seriously) by both my family and my husband's family since forever. It's kind of romantic to continue the tradition together. This year, I gave both sets of our parents this funny picture book:


Geoffrey Groundhog Predicts the Weather by Bruce Koscielniak,

and I gave my niece this Level 1 for her to read all by herself:


Groundhog Day by Margaret McNamara, illustrated by Mike Gordon.

Cross your fingers for no shadow!


P.S. 10 Top Children's Books from 2011, according to Amazon. I'm ashamed to say I haven't read most of them, but they look great... I'll get back to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...