3-Week Countdown



What happened? I burrowed my head in my couch blanket and voosh! February is over. I haven't just been absent here on the blog; I've been a bit foggy-brained in general. But the windows are opened today and a walk has been scheduled for this afternoon, because, you know what? It's March. And March is all about fresh starts.

March 20th is one of my favorite days this year, being officially spring, it is the first day of my year, really. And I'd like to celebrate with a 3-week countdown that celebrates fresh starts. (It's actually 2 weeks, 5 days, but let me have it). I'll give you the sneak peek of what to do to join my countdown, but there's no need to get ahead of yourself:

March 1-7/Week 1: Connect the past, present, and future. Read a book you loved as a child to a child.

March 8-14/Week 2: Recognize the present. Take a picture of what you're doing at 9 a.m., noon, 3 p.m., 6 p.m., and 9 p.m. (You can spread the photos through the week or pick one day to chronicle.) Post them on your own blog/facebook with a link to this post, or send them to me [anna.culpATgmail.com]. To make it really interesting, there's gonna be a prize involved.

March 15-20/Week 3:  Look to the future. Read some springtime books (I'll let you know my picks next week). On March 21st, draw or print a picture of yourself, write a wish on the back, and attach it to a tree branch. More on this later!

But we're starting Week 1 today!
Read a book you loved as a child to a child. I'm planning on The Velveteen Rabbit, and maybe re-starting The Wind in The Willows as a family read (one of Hub's favorites). I'll be sure to report, but please tell me what you're doing!
 
Ready...go! 


P.S. For a fail-proof spring de-clutter/brain de-fogging system, read this.

P.P.S.

March 2011
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday


1 3-WEEK COUNTDOWN KICK-OFF
2 READ ACROSS AMERICA/DR. SUESS’ B-DAY
3
4
5
6
7
8 WEEK 2 OF COUNTDOWN & FAT TUESDAY
9 
WORLD READ-ALOUD DAY
10
11 UVU ENGAGED READING CONFERENCE
12 CONF. CONTINUES
13
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS
14
15 WEEK 3 OF COUNTDOWN
16
17
ST. PATTY’S DAY
18
19
20
FIRST DAY OF SPRING
21

22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...