BEDTIME STORIES!

I thought I should keep my motherhood and my career aspirations separate...but I don't want to. One of my favorite things about myself is that I am authentic in every role I play. Except for not swearing in church and attempting not to roll my eyes at work, my behaviors are the same as a wife, mother, daughter, friend, co-worker, church-goer, and customer. This can be off-putting to some, but I find it liberating. So, here I will combine my passion for children's literature with my adoration for my daughter, by bringing you along for bedtime stories.


We'll start BIG:
I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean by Kevin Sherry


A bragging giant squid learns he is not the biggest thing in the ocean after all, but he re-adjusts his perspective and feels kingly anyway! This is one of those brilliant picture books that people of all ages enjoy, that teaches a lesson with humor, and that shows rather than tells. Alexandra likes the bold images (Kevin Sherry used paper and watercolor) and I like the cleverness of the story.
See an animated reading of the book on youtube.

1 comment:

  1. That's right, start 'em young. :) What a cute little reader! Where are you working these days, Anna?

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear your insights, input, and friendly opinion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...